The following Australian Cricket Junior Formats are offered by Mount Colah Cricket Club for the 2023/2024 season. Recommended ages and abilities for players are listed below:
* Cricket Blast – intro to cricket sessions – Recommended for kids aged 5-8 of all ability levels. 60 minute sessions at Parklands Oval, Mount Colah on Saturday morning from 9-10 am. Learn the skills to play cricket through fun game based activities. For more information on Junior Blasters click HERE.
* Cricket Blast – team cricket (Mixed – Boys & Girls – U8/9) – Recommended for 7 to 10 year olds. 90 minute soft ball cricket games designed to develop fundamental skills. Teams will play home and away matches on Saturday morning at various grounds against other local clubs in the U/8 or U/9 age groups.
* Cricket Blast – intro to cricket sessions (Girls only) – Recommended for 7 to 9 year old girls. Participants learn all the skills of cricket in a fun and social setting at the local Girls Only Master Blasters Centre (Parklands Oval, Mount Colah) from 6 to 7.15 pm on Friday evenings.
* All Girls Junior Cricket (U10/11) – Stage 1 – 20 over games on a 16 metre pitch using a modified ball. All players bat, bowl and field equally to promote participation and skill development.
* Junior Cricket Stage 1 (U10 and U11 mixed) – 20 over games on a 16 metre pitch using a modified ball. All players bat, bowl and field equally to promote participation and skill development.
* Junior Cricket Stage 2 (U12 and U13 mixed) – 30 over one-day games on an 18 metre pitch. Batting and bowling restrictions apply to promote participation and skill development.
* Junior Cricket Stage 3 (U14 to U16/17 mixed) – 30 over one-day games on a full length pitch; played in the traditional format and rules.
Determining the correct age group:
– for competition cricket (Stage 2 and 3), players are to be under the age of the nominated age group as listed on 31st August in the year of registration. For example, to play U/12s in the 2023/24 season the child needs to be aged 11 or under on 31st August, 2023 (Note: Some players can be dispensated to play in a lower age group depending on their ability level).
– for Master Blasters and Stage 1 cricket, parents should consider their child’s level of skill and previous experience to help choose the most appropriate format (please contact Mount Colah CC for assistance and advice if required).